Thursday, August 30, 2012

Back into it.......


Hey how are you two? Keeping good? oh a cold, that's not good but glad to see you're better! Me? oh yeah lots has been going on, here's an update!

- Last Friday was a pretty eventful day for my cousin. We all went down to Clifton Hill on the falls ( also I need to avoid the beaver tails and the Build a Bear I swear the two are going to put me into more debt), anyways we had gone down to watch the fireworks in the secret garden (one of my fav places in the Falls). We were all excited but no one so much as my cousin who was planning to propose to his girlfriend Tracey and her kids, eep! nerves much :D. So were hanging out there and the fireworks start going off and my brother tells Tracey, Carl, and the kids he wants some photo's of them in front of the fireworks, blah blah we start taking the photo's the kids come stand by me and were taking photos and watching the fire works, and I tell them to look back to their mum and Carl. My brother asks Carl to look at something, Tracey gets distracted (she did this a lot, normally it would bug me but it worked in this situation), when she turns back my cousin is on one knee and proposes! She said yes (although I always doubt it before they do, can't help it), the kids were crying and freaking out and trying to figure out how they were related to us now :) either way it was an awesome night and I couldn't be happier for my cousin! Welcome to the family Tracey, Courtney, and Jordan!

- Saturday was a long ass Wonderland day, not much to recap here I got a seasons pass for next year as I already went a few times this year and am planning on going more next year. We went on Leviathan and Behemoth, as well as all the other rides that we would normally go on (Psyclone, Back Lot Stunt coaster, Drop Tower, Nightmares, RipTide, the raft one with the always stupid long line, and the tea cups to name a few). My brother got us Fast Lane passes which were cool (when we went a month or so ago he and I got them and it was totally worth it) It was a long night, but I did get a WoodStock Cup so that made it pretty awesome!

- Sunday was a trip to Zooz (or Safari Niagara) I honestly don't think I have stopped (BAH! need naps). The zoo was good, it was warm though so we spent a bunch of time by the Splash pad (which I love), we went for Chinese for dinner (Rob and the boys went to Fan Expo so the three of them missed out :[ ) Then we ended the evening at the Regency bar by my house, it was fantastic to just relax and enjoy the evening.

- Monday, I was back at work again but things are getting better so for now I cannot really complain about it. I left early on Monday to help take everyone to the Airport, which was so very sad. Rob and my Dad are going to eventually have a fight, it almost happened when we were figuring out who was sitting with whom on the ride, to be honest I am not sure how I feel about the fight. It needs to happen as they have both been holding back things that need to come out but I really don't want to be in the middle of a fight. The drive to the airport was uneventful, and the goodbye was very hard (I hate not having my family around, but this is just another reason to go back to Northern Ireland next year). I did find this cool thing at the book store in Pearson Airport http://www.andrewsmcmeel.com/pocket-posh.html they are cute game books, I want them all :D! We stopped at the Casablanca Service Center to eat some food (Mom and I got authentic Chitalian, it was an Authentic Italian place run by 2 Chinese guys, thus we have Chitalian). I cried on the way home but it is getting better, knowing he is happy and has people who are supporting him, plus they plan to immigrate in the next 3-5 years so yay!

- Construction! So at the end of my road (the only exit to my road to be exact) they have been installing a roundabout. Now I am familiar with a roundabout and have traveled on one in my life before (thank you UK), the issue I have had is that the company who has been doing the construction has decided to replace the very nice and competent female Signal workers with a giant douche with God complexes. The last week has made some major changes to the roundabout as they are nearing the end stretch of the construction. It is actually functioning as a roundabout before 8am and after 5:30pm when the workers are not there (don't get me started on the people who cannot drive in a roundabout) however every gosh darn morning when I leave I have been yelled at this week, Monday it was a CF so no one knew where to go, Tuesday I followed the signs and the sign worker tried to tell me I didn't know how to use a roundabout I chose to ignore the comment until I heard the "women drivers" uttered from under his breath which led to my stating that I followed the signs so if the signs are not correct then this is not my fault! Wednesday same exact issue, the signs had been changed at some point so I followed them, this time a low level construction worker yells at me for going the wrong way! Well I was having none of it so I went off "I followed your damn signs, if the signs are wrong don't yell at me for christ sake! Also the road's name is MEWBURN not NEWBURN! Do you guys even know what god damn street you're working on!!!! AHHHHHHHH" Then I drove past the very large crater they probably wanted me to avoid :D This morning...the trip was fine! No one yelled at me, and you want to know why? of course you guys do! It's because there were no workers and there was no douche with a God complex and a sign :D The people driving were...well they were horrible but at least no one yelled at me :P

Thats about it in terms of updates, I will probably post more regaling you with stories of Back to School shopping and registration, but I should get back to planning how to nap tonight :P

Caio,
nickle

No comments: