Thursday, January 5, 2012

Organized thoughts......kinda

I like to think of myself as “chaotically organized”, I have the best of intentions when it come to keeping my house clean and organized but to be honest after coming home from work or on the weekends all I really want to do is curl up with my iPad and read a book. Now when I am all curled up and reading my brain is revolting, generally it is screaming “HEY NICKLE!!! GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND CLEAN THE HOUSE, WE BOTH KNOW YOU HAVE THE ENERGY/STAMINA!! DON’T MAKE ME CAUSE ISSUES JUST SO YOU WILL MOVE!!” I tend to try and ignore my brain when it is saying this, muttering to myself that while I know that is what I should be doing I just don’t want to! When I do get into a cleaning/organizing streak well watch out, for however long it lasts I just don’t stop, and it gets to a point where I become Stepford mom crazy about keeping the house clean.

To be honest besides the normal everyday stuff in the house that needs to be taken care of I am not going to get around to anything major until the Spring, and this is not me being Lazy, it’s that because the house were in is heated by our Wood Stove the major area that I want to organize “the sun room and sheds” are out in the –14 cold and I don’t want to bundle up to clean :D I will be making more progress on the bedroom within the next few weeks, I need to get everything washed and then sorted so that I can donate what I do not need, this should help with getting the bedroom a bit better organized. Next will be tackling the linen closet and bathroom, and then finally the boys rooms *Anthony has his own room, and his own organizing and I am not going to try and understand it :)* The kitchen and the living room are both ok, we need to move some things around in order for the flow to be a bit better but to be honest it is working okay right now.

While I am on the topic of organizing, I want to...no need to get our finances in order and start to budget us monthly, if my calculations are close to correct I think were missing something when it comes to where our money is going, if that is the case we should be able to be debt free by next year which will mean we can start looking at the bigger things that we normally are not able to do with the kids. I have started to organize this by keeping a document of all of our bills, my paystubs, and our receipts, this way we should be able to see what is going on to cause this money to slip away. I know that some of the issue is that I am bad for paying bills on time in the past, which meant that when the bill got paid it was more than expected, if I can set up my online banking to just remove what needs to be removed then I will not have an issue with overdraft and we can start to rebuild our credit! I am only 24 it’s time to get this fixed so that way I am not running into the issues I see some of my older friends hitting.

What I really need to do is get myself to a point where I am getting up in a timely manner in the morning so that I can get my day started early, I find when I get up and moving at home before going to work the better I am in the evening, I am not falling asleep at 7pm because I am not staying active.

I think it is time to work out a loose schedule for me, I don’t need the military structure that I had growing up I think that I can function fine with more of a general schedule, a time to get up, a time to go to bed, and then any specific time dependant scheduling (longer than normal chores, like laundry so that way it is done before I go to bed!), I do enjoy having a clean house the feel of accomplishment that I get from achieving this.

I guess while I am organizing my schedule and my finances I should try and organize myself, I need to start improving my health, not because I need to lose weight or I am concerned about how I look but I have a family that is filled with a history of negative health issues. If I start to improve myself now then if I should become sick or develop the issues that are in my family I will be better prepared to deal with them. Kath has spoken of some of the exercise programs she has done and there were a few that intrigued me, things that I can do that are not going to cause me to many time issues nor cause too much of a hiccup in my time schedule, I have access to a gym right by work and I have considered joining since I can stop on my way to work or my way home, I think on my way into work would be best, it would help with waking up and getting my day going!

The revolving door that is my mind this morning has now brought my thoughts to an upcoming fashion/play party that Master and I are attending with our “family”, Janca my sister is selling her corsets and other clothing items and has requested my assistance in modeling them/selling them, then in the evening were going to our first play party in like a year, I am super nervous this is like being a total newb all over again!!

Connor is leaving tomorrow to go home to Iowa until June, I think I will sign off and go spend some time with the little pain in the arse :)

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh now I'm even more sad I couldn't come this weekend. Rob mentioned Janca's fashion show. I bet it was super wonderful and I hope you guys had a great time. I think about all of that far too often. I love it here but some aspects of there I desperately miss. I think you have some great plans and I know, if you put your heart into it, you'll succeed at all of them.

PS I love your new blog design.